“There will always be a frontier where there is an open mind… and a willing hand.”
Charles F. Kettering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Southwest Seattle Historical Society!
New Volunteer Form
To get started, fill in this form: Volunteer Application
Volunteer Hours Tracking
Log your hours (scroll down) or E-mail your hours and what category to email@example.com.
- Museum docent: Come greet visitors to our museum! Our open hours are 12-4 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. Docents typically volunteer for a two-hour shift at least once a month. We have a particular need for weekend docents.
- Event support: We host a variety of events and activities throughout the year, and we need volunteers to help plan, promote and staff our events to make sure they run smoothly.
- Gala Committee: If you have experience in event planning or fundraising, our Champagne Brunch Gala committee would love to have your input for our once a year huge fundraising event
- Tour Guide: Every year, we give walking and museum tours to hundreds of school-aged children, We are looking for volunteers to lead tour groups of elementary age children with 10-20 children per group.
- Videography: We film most of our events and speakers, and we’d love to have help with both filming and editing.
- Native Plants garden: Join our garden crew! Help us to continue restoring the Log House Museum’s native plant garden.
- Integrated Pest Manager: In order to preserve our historic building, we need to understand the bugs who visit us. We’re looking for a volunteer to keep a bug log for our museum. This is a great opportunity for an entomologist, or anyone who is interested in bugs.
To learn more about specific opportunities, call us at 206-938-5293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.