The Southwest Seattle Historical Society is a vital part of the Duwamish Peninsula. Serving the communities of West Seattle, South Park, and White Center, we ensure that we are preserving history for generations to come.
Your membership provides vital funds that help us fulfill our mission. Your membership funds help to:
- Preserve our historic Log House Museum
- Provide guided tours for hundreds of schoolchildren
- Care for our collection of over 10,000 historic artifacts
- Install educational exhibits
- Pay professional staff
- Record oral histories
- Landmark historic buildings
- Run our speaker series program
- Conduct tours of historic homes
- Lead a history-based bike ride
- And so much more!
By becoming a member of the Southwest Seattle Historical Society, you are joining a community of history enthusiasts. You are also affirming that our history matters and should be preserved.